Here’s an unbelievable wingsuit flight through the eye of a needle… absolutely crazy, dangerous, and incredible. I often wonder what some of these amazing feats are about? Is it just something people with tons of energy who are bored with life do… they go thrill seeking? OR are many of these people testifying to truths that go way beyond just their own stunts… proclaiming that people can do anything when they put their minds to it? I wonder. If anything, things like this make me wonder.
Welcome to Merryman White Nights Football
My name is Romy Blystone and I will be coaching your child in football this year. I have coached multiple sports (e.g. football, baseball, basketball, and soccer) at multiple levels (e.g. 4th-12th grade) and am excited about this new season. What I have learned throughout those years is that each child is different, each year presents new challenges, and that I continue to grow as a coach, a parent, and as a person. For this reason, I look forward to coaching this season… Go Merryman White Nights!
MY COACHING PHILOSOPHY
My coaching philosophy is that athletics and academics goes hand in hand. As football coaches, our goal is to develop well-rounded young people who not only learn the fundamentals of football, but more importantly, the importance of working hard. This principle easily translates off the field and into the home, classroom, workplace, etc. For this reason, I hope to teach and inspire your child to believe in themselves, to work hard for what they want, and to learn to work together to accomplish their goals and dreams. Here are some more things I will focus on this year:
Provide our players with a positive experience in football.
Teach through positive reinforcement.
Encourage that through hard work and desire that anything can be achieved.
Motivate and challenge children in practices and in game-type situations.
Involve parents of the children as much as possible.
Teach football fundamentals properly so future coaches can build upon a solid foundation.
Be competitive but fair, be aggressive but respectful, be tough but compassionate and maintain balance in my coaching.
Win or lose, keep it fun and help explain the lessons along the way.
Coach (Romy) Blystone
Phone: (715) 330-8766
FOOTBALL PARENTS CODE OF ETHICS
We as adults set an example that our children participating in the program will follow. The following code of ethics is to be adhered to by all adults.
- Please refrain from “sideline coaching”. It is inappropriate for parents to coach players from the sideline. Not only does it devalue the coaching staff but it also confuses the player. Please let the coaching staff that has been approved by the Marinette Recreation Department, do their job. Don’t be a coach – be a parent. Offer encouragement and positive reinforcement. A sure way to dampen a child’s enthusiasm is with constant criticism. Parents should not embarrass their child by calling attention to themselves through loud, obnoxious or rude behavior.
- Please do not criticize coaches and/or players on any team either by word of mouth or gesture. Remember that your child learns more from your actions than your words. Practice good sportsmanship by being respectful to other players, parents, and coaches on both teams. Cheer for our team rather than against our opponents. Parents should respect the officials and their calls. It’s okay to disagree but inappropriate to disparage.
- Accept the decisions of game officials as being fair and being called to the best of their ability.
- Do your best to insure that all participants will have an enjoyable experience this football season. Parents should volunteer their services whenever possible. This shows the participants the value of being a team player.
- Occasionally, you may disagree with the way the organization is managed or the way your child’s team is coached. As a parent, your opinion is important. If you have suggestions for improvements and/or concerns about safety, please speak up. However, Sideline gossip proves damaging to all involved in our program. If you have something to say which involves the coach, your child, our team, etc; please take the following steps:
Speak to the coach privately. This step resolves most disagreements.
If you are not satisfied with the coach’s response or would not feel comfortable speaking with the coaches, please contact Director Kent Kostelecky at the Marinette Civic Center – Phone: (715) 732-5224.
If the dispute remains unresolved, bring your issues to the next regularly scheduled board of directors meeting.
Warren Buffett, in a recent interview with CNBC, offers one of the best quotes about the debt ceiling … “I could end the deficit in 5 minutes,” he told CNBC. “You just pass a law that says that any time there is a deficit of more than 3% of GDP, all sitting members of Congress are ineligible for re-election.”
The 26th amendment (granting the right to vote for 18 year-olds) took only 3 months and 8 days to be ratified! Why? Simple! The people demanded it. That was in 1971 – before computers, e-mail, cell phones, etc.
Of the 27 amendments to the Constitution, seven (7) took one (1) year or less to become the law of the land all because of public pressure.
Congressional Reform Act of 2013
- No Tenure/No Pension
- A Congressman/woman collects a salary while in office and receives no pay when they’re out of office.
- Congress (past, present & future) participates in Social Security.
- All funds in the Congressional retirement fund move to the Social Security system immediately.
- All future funds flow into the Social Security system, and Congress participates with the American people. It may not be used for any other purpose.
- Congress can purchase their own retirement plan, just as all Americans do.
- Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay raise.
- Congressional pay will rise by the lower of CPI or 3%.
- Congress loses their current health care system
- and participates in the same health care system as the American people.
- Congress must equally abide by all laws they impose on the American people.
- All contracts with past and present Congressmen/women are void effective 06/01/2013.
- The American people did not make this contract with Congressmen/women. Congress made all these contracts for themselves. Serving in Congress is an honor, not a career.
- The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators, so ours should serve their term(s), then go home and back to work.
This is one of my favorite songs, yet I never knew what it meant… until a few moments ago. I finally asked my wife to translate it for me. Enjoy
There is no before or after
There are no clocks
Nor time, only today
Living this way
A special charm
The traces of time on the skin
Allow us to believe
The world is the way it is
The most beautiful is what you never see
It’s not what you have
It’s what you give
This is what is worth more
The sun will always rise
The moon will remain in love
Hearts with their light
Allow yourself to feel
We must dare to guess
Without hesitation, without question
He opens your heart
Look deep within yourself
Rescue your hope
Where it lives
Your essence of existence
Allow yourself to feel
We must dare to guess
Without hesitation, without question
Nothing will stop the
The Wheel of Life
Goes back to being born
Back to growing
Back to loving
Back to believing
I just watched this video with Lauryn. Both of our hands are sweating… can you imagine having this commute to work? Sure puts my commute into perspective… I go from the bedroom to the office (a total of about 25 feet). Enjoy
I’m about to ask you for money. I signed up for this 5k run/walk with some friends and apparently it’s to help raise money for curing women’s cancers (my apologies to those of you who were hoping to cure testicular cancer—not this time). If I raise $100, I get a stupid hat that says “Womentum.” If you’d like to see me in a hat that says “Womentum” and/or you’d like to invest your money in the preservation of breasts, cervixes and ovaries, this is a spectacular opportunity. How do you get in on the ground floor? Click here.
Remember, only you have the power to make me wear a stupid hat. (And cure cancer.)
My daughter Lauryn has been sick the last few days so in an effort to bring a smile to her face, we rented “The Muppets” (2011). Well, she was so thrilled, she made us each movie tickets and invited us into the family room to watch the movie with her. We had such a good time together. And to be honest, I was surprised at how good the movie was… it’s definitely worth watching with the family. The funniest part of the experience was about 15 minutes into the movie when Lauryn turned to us and said, “… so, this is a musical?” They had been singing for about 10 of the previous 15 minutes… we almost fell out of our chairs laughing. Truly, this is one movie you want to rent. Be sure to comment if you have already seen it. Thanks.
This is pretty cool… I know this will change things for many companies and industries. Enjoy