So, I’ve been wrestling with my health for a while now. As a diabetic, I need to be more proactive when it comes to my diet and exercise. This is no easy task for me as I’m usually running in ten directions like a chicken with my head cut off. In any case, I have been doing better since having made a change in my medications that helped me to lose 15-20 pounds quickly. Now I want to take things to the next level. Over the past year, I have made the following changes:
- I purchased a Fitbit watch.
- I started logging my sleep patterns and have adjusted my sleep schedule accordingly (i.e. my goal is 7 hours of sleep/night).
- I added melatonin to my evening routine for better sleep.
- I started logging my diet and exercise into my Fitbit app and have adjusted accordingly (i.e. calories in vs. calories out for sustainable weight loss)
- I am taking my blood glucose measurements routinely and becoming more aware of how eating, drinking, sleeping affect my readings.
- I routinely make much better choices when it comes to meals (i.e. green smoothies, salads, protein bars, etc.)
- I added probiotic supplements to my diet for better gut health.
- I added prebiotic supplements to my diet for better probiotic absorption.
- I added a lot more water to diet (i.e. I take water with me everywhere I go now).
And now, I’ve added exogenous ketones (Perfect Keto) to my diet to help my body burn fat.
Today, is a new day and I’m excited to see how this affects my system over the next two weeks. Stay tuned.